Follow DeschanelStyle on Twitter or Facebook for updates!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bones Style: The Passenger in the Oven

Sorry for the lack up updates, everyone. I haven't abandoned this blog; I've just been less than thrilled with the wardrobe choices that they've made for Brennan this season. It seems that in every episode, she wears the same thing: button down shirt, black pants/jeans and boots/shoes. Where have all the awesome dresses and outfits gone?

But I love hunting this stuff down, so I'm going to start searching for stuff from past episodes and other things Emily has worn to try to get my inspiration back.

First up, Brennan's sleep mask from Season 4's, The Passenger in the Oven.




During the opening scene, Brennan is wearing Bucky's 40 Blinks Mask Sleep Mask (Nouveau).

They retail for around $12, but they're definitely worth the money. My friend has one, and I tested it out, so I can vouch for its effectiveness :)

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see you posting again! I've been missing the inspiration! I'm with you on this season's wardrobe--maybe as things get back to normal (post-Hannah era) her wardrobe will also get back to the fabulousness we saw before (hopefully we won't have to wait until next season...) :)

    --Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a theory of sorts.

    Booth stopped wearing his "Cocky" belt buckle after Brennan "confession" in The Doctor in the Photo. Hart Hanson said that that was, in fact, a conscious (or unconscious) decisions on Booth's part to stop wearing it.

    Now, Brennan hasn't really worn anything 'girly' (dresses, cute tops, etc.) since they got back from their respective "adventures" and she found out that Booth was with Hannah. So I'm thinking that she's decided to dress the way she has because she's trying to be less appealing for Booth and look less feminine so that she doesn't have to deal with other men's advances.

    Or I could totally be wrong and it could just be really poor choices made by the wardrobe department - but I'd rather believe that there's a reason for dressing her down so much. :p

    ReplyDelete