Follow DeschanelStyle on Twitter or Facebook for updates!

Monday, February 1, 2010

Bones Style: The Devil in the Details

I unwittingly stumbled upon an update for Deschanel Style at a vegan high fashion sample sale that I attended in New York City this weekend. They had some great shoes and clothing, but what I was really interested in were the Vaute Couture Vegan Coats.

When we got there, we discovered that Leanne Mai-ly Hilgart, the designer/mastermind behind them, was there as well.

It was a total pleasure meeting her. She's one of those people that you feel like you've known forever and you're just catching up with an old friend. At one point she mentioned that Emily Deschanel has two of the Vaute Couture coats: A black one and the "The El in Luxe Blue", which she's wearing in Thursday night's episode of Bones, "The Devil in the Details".

 Unfortunately, the jacket there was a size too big for me but that still didn't stop me from trying it on!

She had no idea I was a fan of Bones, nor that I ran DeschanelStyle, so it was just a random, odd event. Even when I'm not looking for Deschanel Style info, it still seems to find me these days.

To read more about Leanne (and Vaute Couture), check out this article in Time Out Chicago.

1 comment:

  1. I actually own this coat in white and it is amazing! great fit, extrememly warm and vegan!

    ReplyDelete